The user must purchase a transmission harness separately that fits their specific transmission.
(note that these are the same harnesses used for Holley Dominator and Terminator X Max ECUs):
558-405 – GM 4L60/70/80E
The Sniper Transmission Controller (STC) is designed for common GM and Ford electronic 4-speed transmissions.
The Standalone version includes a dedicated 3.5-inch touchscreen.
GM and Ford four speed electronic overdrive transmissions are simple in operation. They have four speeds with the top gear being an overdrive and all have a lockup torque converter that eliminates any slippage when the lockup is applied. With a stock torque converter the lockup should only be applied under light throttle conditions or excessive wear will occur.
Upshifts, downshifts, and torque converter lockup are based on vehicle speed and throttle position (or optionally the MAP sensor) and are adjustable with the 3.5-inch touchscreen
- Adds electronic transmission control functionality to Standalone application
- Tuning is performed through the 3.5-inch Touchscreen LCD (included with the Standalone version). Future compatibility will include 5-inch Display and Bluetooth Module
- Tune Upshifts, Downshifts and WOT shift points
- Full programmability of torque converter lockup
- Full tuning of transmission line pressure (shift firmness)
- Controls and Layouts interface mirror Dominator and Terminator X MAX ECUs (except no paddle shift)
- A MAP sensor is needed if using MAP for line pressure, which is usually only done with forced induction applications