Classic Update Kits give you one of the most complete kits on the market to “Make Wiring THAT Easy”. They are designed for a specific year, make, and model configuration. The 1970-73 Firebird kit boasts 14 features that make it the most complete system of its type in the industry.
- Replacement headlight switch with internal 30amp circuit breaker included. Retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob are also included.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted remotely on harness.
- Fuse box designed to fit in original location. All required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse box allows easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness allows for nearly all aftermarket accessories such as: gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc.
- Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to American Autowire)
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns as well as 1969 and later GM columns which utilize stock GM turn signal switches The original column can also be wired by using the supplied mating connector and terminals. Stock GM ignition switch connectors are provided.
- Along with wiring for your original dome/interior lighting we have included separate under dash light sockets.
- High powered accessory plug for power windows, power locks, etc.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. All original terminals, connectors (exclusively from American Autowire), light sockets, and correct printed circuit board connections are also supplied for original cluster gauges. However, the best aspect of the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, COVAN CLASSICS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
- Rear body harness assembly is designed to plug into the main harness in the original connector bodies. Flexibility in harness design allows for original or custom routing. Rear body wiring includes backup light wires and mating connectors for backup light leads. License plate lead, connectors, and terminals included. Fuel tank sender wire and terminal included.
- EXCLUSIVE! Youʼll find all the original style light socket pigtails (including stop-tail and back-up lamp assemblies packed into every aspect of this system making it the most complete system of itʼs type in the industry!
- New floor dimmer switch is provided. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- EXCLUSIVE! Original bulkhead connector for the engine and front light wiring is included and ready for installation. Original routing of the new harness without any body modifications.
- Engine wiring includes connectors for original points type as well as HEI distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM HEI distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM “SI” series internally regulated alternators. GM “CS” series alternator adapter is available separately.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light and directional light connectors and terminals, correct printed circuit board connections, and sockets are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).